So I have been talking about eating healthier for the past few months, and this week we have done it. Allen was cautious at first because he was afraid I would make him eat a tree or something. Now, he is into it. For breakfast today we had oatmeal with raisins and fresh berries and soy milk. For lunch we had homemade bread a hearty salad (spinach, lettuce, cauliflower, craisins, boiled eggs, and nuts) I made a olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing with basil and Italian seasonings in it. Then we had baked yams with butter on it. It was good, healthy, and filling. The best thing about this diet, is that is not a diet. We try to stay away from certain foods but we don't feel guilty if we eat candy or other stuff. The fact that we are eating more veggies and more home prepared food is good enough. Some days (like today) I feel motivated and other days not so much and that is OK. Here are some tips. 1-Drink lots of water. 2- Prepare a big salad and veggie snacks once a week and eat it all week. 3- Keep major salad ingredients separate so you can switch it up depending on the day. 4- Don't be afraid of trying things that seem different...for example the olive oil and balsamic vinegar is great when you dip rolls or bread in it. 5- A full meal of yummy healthy food can fill you up with out making you tired. 6-Get excited about feeling better and ask you spouse to be supportive... Allen made the homemade bread yesterday. Another fun idea for feeling good. The kids and I like to dance to the blog music during the day. I get to see fun pics and we can have fun and exercise together. I will sometimes see how many times I can touch the cealing while Lilly is dancing like a crazy cute girl. We even dance to the music on your blogs! Thanks. This is just what we have done. I am feeling better and I like it.
Those are some great tips!! I miss you guys, and Lilly's hair is looking super cute!
ReplyDeleteGood for you guys!!! We are trying to do the same!! thanks for the tips.
ReplyDeletemmm, I LOVE basalmic vinegar dressing...doesn't it just feel good to eat healthy?
ReplyDeleteI'm totally going to start making a salad like you suggested. I like salads, but get bored with my typical lettuce and tomato combination. I love you girly!
ReplyDelete