





May 3, 2010 we had our little Madalyn. Sunday night I was feeling pressure, pain, and tightness. I was hesitant to go to the hospital. Around 1 am Allen and I decided to go to the hospital. When we got here the nurse discovered that the baby was breech. They did an ultrasound and we saw that she was not head down but she had a foot sticking down instead. I thought they were going to send me home because I wasn't having regular contractions. After waiting for a few hours Allen stepped out for a second. He came back in the room to find the nurse getting me ready for a c-section. The Doctor wanted to do the c-section right away. He was worried that the foot might break the water and that would be bad. Luckily we had enough time alone for Allen to give me a blessing. I was able to feel calm, although I was nervous. They got me drugged up and strapped to the table. Allen was wearing a funny white monkey suit. I was surprised that Allen wanted to watch. He was so interested that the nurse had to ask him to move back. I could see a reflection of the surgery from a light fixture on the ceiling. I couldn't see clearly, but when I saw the red reflection I felt like throwing up, so I closed my eyes. Madalyn came out just fine. The umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck 2 times and she was breathing a little funny. (She was beautiful.. 7lbs 2oz and 20 inches dark hair and long nails and 3 weeks early) I was able to give her a kiss and then they took her to the NICU for a few hours. Allen stayed close by Madalyn to make sure she was ok and to take pictures. She came out of the NICU that morning to be with us in the room. When Lilly and James came to see her they both were so interested. James kept saying baby sister baby sister. She is a wonderful addition to our little family.
AWWW, she is beautiful!! Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so glad that things went well, she is so beautiful. I hope you recover quickly, c-sections are tough. xoxo Caralee
ReplyDeleteWow, what a story! That is kinda crazy, but glad everything worked out. She is beautiful. Congratulations! Hope you are doing well.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I hope you are recovering well!
ReplyDeleteShe really is beautiful, congrats! I'm glad everything went well, it sounds like there could have been problems. May is a great month for babies and birthdays!
ReplyDeleteShe sure is beautiful! You guys are such a great parents!
ReplyDelete