Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Day

We opened our door to find sooo much snow. Not only did it snow a ton, the wind blew snow right up against our door. The snow was deeper than Lilly in some places. Allen and Lilly went outside to play and dig out passing neighbors. We had a white Christmas for sure.


Lilly was so excited to have Santa come. She got up at midnight and I was laying in bed when I heard ahhooo...a baby doll! I got up to find her getting into the stocking. After I put her back to bed with a baby doll I kept hearing her door open to sneak out. I kept telling her to go back to bed. At 7 am we got up to find her riding her new scooter with her stocking dumped out and James stocking dumped out. She had headbands around her neck and a big grin on her face. It is fun to be a parent on Christmas. James mostly liked eating the wrapping paper. :) Their joy brings Allen and I childlike feelings again. Being a parent is worth all the ups and downs because we are a family forever.

4 comments:

  1. That is too funny! I don't think Alli even realized what is going on, before Christmas Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilly is so cute. I love her smile, it makes you smile bigger. I am glad you had a great Christmas. It was good to see you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilly is so cute. I love her smile, it makes you smile bigger. I am glad you had a great Christmas. It was good to see you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I can't believe how sneaky and fun! Merry (late) Christmas!

    ReplyDelete