Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day In Jackson






Well, our car broke down on Thursday. I guess the fuel pump went out, but I was determined to make our trip to Jackson. We decided to just make a day trip and we rented a car. We took a Chevy Malibu and it was a nice drive. The trunk was big, but Allen wanted more leg room. We went to a museum, hiking, and a yummy bbq. First the museum. The Lorax, a Dr. Suess book was on display with all the origional drawings, I enjoyed that display. Allen and James walked around looking at the animal art. Allen would walk up to a painting and whisper raaar then James would lean in and whisper raaar. It was cute. Also, there was a great kids area to learn about art and animals. Next we went to Jenny Lake in the Grand Teton National Park (where Allen proposed to me). The kids went walking around with Dad while I took a nice nap. Ahhh. Then we all walked around together for a bit. All the hiking made our guts hungry so we went to an overpriced bbq and ate way too much. We wanted to eat enough to feel okay about paying so much. The bbq was at Jackson Lake Lodge and it was a reunion for my old friends I worked with long long ago. Well, only one other coulple came, I guess everyone else was busy. Oh well, thier loss. Mark and Amberlynn came with thier cute kids. We hung out and went to our old swimming area (Chapel of the Sacred Heart). Lilly jumped into the water, had a blast, and froze her butt off. She was sitting in the water shivering, but she still didn't want to get out. I finally got her out and bundled her up. We all sat on the beach and enjoyed the beauty of nature as the sun set over the Tetons and the sky turned pink. Lilly liked the pink sky. It was great to see old friends and just relax. We got home at midnight. It was a long day, but I am glad we went.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you were able to make it, I know you were looking forward to it!! Love Jackson Hole area, I am sure that brought back many memories for you. You guys sure know how to have fun :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, it was their loss. How about some river rafting next summer?! I so want to go and spend a whole week in the Tetons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great family adventure. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete