Sunday, July 5, 2015

Lilly goes to cub camp

Being the Cub Committee Chair for the scouts in our ward it was my responsibility to get everyone registered for cub camp. This was my first year and I accidentally signed up 1 too many kids. I didn't want to waste the scout money, so we paid for Lilly to go. It worked out, because many of those boys were in her class last year. Brooks being her closest friend. I went the first day (stars wars day), and Lilly went with the scouts and leaders the second day (cub fort). The first day all the scouts bought pocket knives. Lilly got her money from home and bought a knife the second day. She also got a cute pink turtle bracelet. Surprisingly, there was an entire group of "activity day girls" at camp. I enjoyed the day that I spent with her at cub camp. She is a talented girl. We drove up there together and shared the one lunch that Lilly had made. Her friend Brooks shared a peanut butter cup with her. She offered me the first bite and I took a big bite. :( Sorry Lilly. I made it up to her by sending another peanut butter cup in her lunch the second day. She did great at the archery, rockets, and all the other events. It is funny, she is quite a bit taller than all the boys. She always helps others to feel comfortable and willing to help. I had to go back to the car and take a nap after lunch so I would not be tired for the drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment